Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Restaurants: Beating the System

Day 2 of being a vegetarian. The end is so near! Just kidding, there is no end as far as I can see. So here is a problem that I was faced with today. RESTAURANTS.


Where in the world do Veg Heads go out to eat?


Lucky for me, I found the Bangkok Village. I live in Naperville, IL and we have a small downtown area with lots and lots of restaurants. The Bangkok Village is a small, but super cozy Thai food place. 


I usually get the Basil Beef there, but...beef is now off-limits. So instead, I scoured the intensive seafood menu and ordered the Pad Delight. It was amazing. Combined of translucent bean pasta, veggies and lots of different seafood, it was the perfect way to work around not being able to eat meat. 


Even though, my food was a huge accomplishment, I was still wondering about what other good vegetarian food there was to eat in Naperville. I found out that there a quite a few, so I made a list of my favorites for you!


Best Vegetarian-Friendly Restaurants in Naperville, IL


1. Bangkok Village (super yum)
2. Mongolian Barbeque (don't be fooled, you can leave meat out of your stir-fry)
3. The Pita Pit (they have the BEST pita sandwiches)
4. Noodles and Company (and it's cheap too! Get the Pesto Cavatappi)

So, my parents both work in the city, so we go down there a lot. My favorite reason to go down there is for dinner and a show (go see Billy Elliot before it leaves! It blew my mind). I got to thinking about what restaurants for vegetarians are like in Chicago. Here's a list of the best!


Best Veg Head-Friendly Restaurants in Naperville, IL


1. Mana Food Bar
2. Green Zebra (really good, but an ouch in the wallet)
3. RAW (pizza! and apparently amazingly good pizza)
4. Karyn's on Green
5. Life on Mars (order the coconut greens!!)
6. The Chicago Diner (get the Sweet Potato Quesadillas, to die for!)


If you're ever feeling a little antsy and you want to get out and try some new food, try some of these out! It's only been two days, and I've already realized that finding restaurants when you can't eat meat, is quite a task. 


So be spontaneous! Go on an adventure! Get out there and get eatin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment